California Temporary License Extension Notice
On April 9, 2018, the California Bureau of Cannabis Control issued a notice for extending your temporary cannabis license. If you received your temporary license on January 1, 2018 – your extension application must be filed before the deadline period, which is April 30, 2018! Very important: No extensions will be granted to temporary licensees who do not submit an annual license application prior to the expiration date on their license.
Each extension is for a period of 90 days until you receive your permanent annual license.
Accessing the Annual License Application:
The annual license application is available through an online system accessible on our website:
- Go to online.bcc.ca.gov.
- Login with your username/email and password.
- Click the “my records” icon at the top of the screen.
- A list of record numbers for applications and licenses will appear. (APP is short for application, TEMP is short for temporary license)
- Locate the application that you submitted for your temporary license.
- Under the “action” column a green “amendment link” will appear. The amendment link will open the amendment type page.
- Select the “submit license type attestation” to complete the annual application.
- After the annual application is submitted, a notification will go out to all owners listed on the application that they need to register online and complete an owner submittal form.
- The owner submittal form icon is located at the top of the screen and will open the form. To complete the owner submittal form, you must have the annual application record number for the cannabis business for which you are an owner.
Live Scan Requirement:
One of the requirements for the annual license application is that Live Scan fingerprinting be completed for each person who qualifies as an “owner” of the business. The ‘Request for Live Scan’ form will be sent to the applicant via email or mail once the annual application has been submitted to the Bureau. The Live Scan form can be taken to any Live Scan operator to have your fingerprints submitted to Department of Justice.
Here is a list of locations for Live Scan fingerprinting services available to the public.
- Here is our original post on items you will need to obtain your license: https://www.choicesdistribution.com/cannabis-licenses-required-operate
- For your convenience, here is the California Bureau of Cannabis Control Online Licensing System’s Guide to Applying for a License (download PDF)